Saturday 24 September 2016

Earth, Wind and Fire - I Am

Funk Off

Their ninth studio album, released in 1979. This got played very loud often in my final year of study at Oxford and for the street just outside the front window of my flat. Loads and loud. The year before I started teaching in 1980.

The best funk 'n' soul album ever? As I listen now, that sounds about right.

The funk of In The Stone and Can't Let Go; the sweet soul with jazz of After the Love Has Gone.

And then Boogie Wonderland! The title says it all. Is this the best boogie wonderland album of all time?


All the love in the world can't be gone
All the need to be loved can't be wrong
All the records are playing
And my heart keeps saying
"Boogie wonderland, wonderland"
Dance, boogie wonderland
Ha, ha, dance
Boogie wonderland


Of course it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment