Sunday 28 June 2015

Jim Lane - In Memory


I was saddened to hear of Jim Lane's passing a week ago, on Father's Day.

I met him very briefly [see review of Jim and his band The Renegades here] so can't claim to know him, though as I said in that review he was a warm, friendly man, and I have the greatest respect for his journeyman dedication to his music and through this the entertainment and enjoyment he brought to others.

I couldn't find any information on his life online - which in itself isn't surprising - though with so much information available that is meaningless, it is nonetheless a shame. For example, I do not know if he was himself a father.

Therefore, by way of a tribute to and in memory of a gentleman musician, I am presenting this post and referencing my previous review.

No comments:

Post a Comment