Saturday 29 September 2012

Bang and Olufsen Beolit 600

Fuck Feng Shui

Having recalled and mentioned my purchase of a Bang and Olufsen potable radio in my previous post, I went out to the shed this afternoon to search for it in a moment of nostalgic reverie - wanting to take a photograph for another posting - only to have my second recall of the day regarding this early hi-fi exploration: I've recently thrown it away. Urged to transcend a lifetime of innate and spiritual male hoarding, I kowtowed to the pressure and went to tidy up a previous shed where in a moment of enforced and emasculating feng shui I chucked out the B&O and no doubt other soon-to-be-remembered and rued treasured remnants from my past, this gem having been bought on hire purchase in the early 70s.

As Lidl's Western Gold is to Woodford Reserve, I am having to settle for an image of the Beolit 600 found on the Internet rather than an actual photograph of the one I personally owned. From hi-fi to lo-fi, so to speak.

I did, however, find my Amstrad stereo amplifier, bought in the late 70s, which had the amazing bass boost button/switch that made the walls wail when you pressed it on at full volume. Perhaps when I recover from today's Bang and Olufsen bereavement I'll retrieve that other still salvaged and secured remnant from the lineage of my music playing paraphernalia and photograph it for celebration.

1 comment: