Tuesday 21 June 2011

Walking along ClarencE Street


Clarence Clemons - January 11, 1942 – June 18, 2011

The picture says it all: Bruce looking to The Big Man with affection and respect. As Springsteen commented on the death of Clarence -

“His loss is immeasurable and we are honored and thankful to have known him and had the opportunity to stand beside him for nearly 40 years. He was my great friend, my partner and with Clarence at my side, my band and I were able to tell a story far deeper than those simply contained in our music. His life, his memory, and his love will live on in that story and in our band.”

My personal tribute today has been to listen to Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Hammersmith Odeon London 75. When listening you hear throughout how Clarence Clemons is integral to the E Street and Springsteen sound. His sax blares at you with its hooks and highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment