Thursday 17 February 2011

The Music Of Mice And Men

I am having lunch later today with former teaching colleagues to catch-up and to decide who has won the competition, organised by one of the bright sparks in the team, to select 10 music tracks that best represent John Steinbeck's novella 'Of Mice and Men'. This is my submission:

Chapter 1

Beans - Nirvana
Don't Say a Word - David Cook

Chapter 2
Candy Man - Donovan
Vasoline - Stone Temple Pilots
Fighting Talk - Colosseum II

Chapter 3
Don't Shoot My Dog - Terrorvision

Chapter 4
Supper Time - Ethel Waters

Chapter 5
Mean to Me - Julie London
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry - Hank Williams Snr

Chapter 6
Bright Eyes - Art Garfunkel

There is an excellent selection of brilliant ideas from my friends, some done amazingly quickly [and these people have full time jobs], and should one of them win, as I expect they will, they can then set up their own damn music blog to tell you their choices!

2 comments:

  1. So many good songs up there Fergie. Nice to see you on Friday. VO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Viv - good of you to stop by. Yours is still the front-runner for me with the speed of delivery! I enjoyed Friday too.

    ReplyDelete