Saturday 8 January 2011

Wonderful tangent


In my searching to clarify that I did see Colosseum and Mott the Hoople together and where I thought, I can't confirm this [though was so impressed and envious to see the '69-'73 MTH tours and who they played with], but I did see that I will have seen Colosseum at The Weeley Festival in August 1971, though I don't remember [there were so many brilliant bands playing continuously]. I do have a cassette recording of quite a bit - including an amazing King Crimson moment that I have written about elsewhere - so I'll seek that out and write about Weeley again at some time because that was the greatest festival experience of my life and Weeley isn't up there as one of the most memorable and iconic festivals but it was actually, in terms of acts, one of the greatest ever I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment