Saturday 8 January 2011

Cruisin' to music


I love listening to music in the car and have done since my first car, a Triumph Herald [not from this pic's era, but you get the gist!], or at least from the moment I managed to put in the cassette player, and that's when the tape compilations really took off. I also recall when I cut down the wood housings of a pair of large Amstrad stereo speakers and ran them as extensions in the car, placed under the front seats. Far out. I thought that was so cool, along with the small racing steering wheel I had.

I've listened to so much of my music to and from work as well as on all other journeys. I plan what I will take and listen to with great care, or I like that 'existential' choice where I purposefully grab a cd without looking and play that, regardless. Wow, the risks I take!

That was how I choose last night's and the one I finished listening to this morning: another compilation, this time one I called 'Country Girls' [although actually a real cd cover from a compilation of much older artists]. The cast list for this one is: Lucinda Williams, Patty Griffin. Emmylou Harris, Dixie Chicks, Gillian Welch and Mary Gauthier.

I sing aloud too - who doesn't - and I am so appalling - who isn't - but doesn't it always feel so spot on!

No comments:

Post a Comment